Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall Fashion - Knit Shift Dress

Autumn is the time to dig out your boots, warm-hued clothes, cozy knits and over-sized scarves.  I've had lots of fun the past few weeks hunting for some new pieces and accessorizes to spice up my cold-weather wardrobe.

I found this darling olive green Michael Kors number and instantly fell in love with the brass toggle hardware.  And the complementing buckle and tortoise shell bracelets (found here!) complete the classic town and country look. 

 
  Unfortunately, the cut and shape of the dress did nothing for my frame.  Compared to the proportions of the bust and waist, the dress was made for fuller hips and more curves.  (The extra-small on the manikin in the photo was clamped and pinned in the back to gather up the excess fabric on the sides.)  As much as I loved the dress, I hate having things altered, especially side seems taken in...the finished product is never as flattering as finding a piece that fits well to begin with. 

Instead, I found this dark royal blue Cynthia Rowley shift that was a slimmer silhouette in the mid-section.   (Please ignore the suitcases and clutter in my spare dressing room!)


Paired with my calf-skin boots from Florence, Italy and beloved giraffe pendant necklace (a gift from a dear friend), I think it's a fun fall outfit to stay stylish and comfy on crisp days and cool nights.  

No comments:

Post a Comment